New Member Regency F2400M

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zibzer

Aug 27, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hello!

New member here and just bought my first wood stove, a regency F2400M and boy am I exhausted! I couldn't gather anybody to help out on short notice so I got the unit out of my truck and into my basement by myself. It's a heavy unit!

Anyways,
It's a used 2005 model. The guy said it was a store model when he bought it ~5 years ago, but mostly in good shape. It comes with a Pedestal with ash drawer and 2-speed fan. It might benefit from new air tubes though, but I cannot figure out how they come out. Anybody have an idea?

Thanks!

You'll need a pair of vise grips & a hammer. The tubes are a "press fit" into the right side of the stove body.
Clinch the vise grips in the middle of the tube securely. Hold them with your left hand & strike them,
near the tube, from the right side, with the hammer. It'll drive the tube from the receiver hole.
When replacing, look for the slot in the tube & align that slot with the tab in the receiver hole.
Clinch the vise grips & drive it home - from the left side - with the hammer.

Reactions: hwdemers
Welcome!

Don't be afraid to bang on the tubes hard. Likewise make sure to securely mount the new ones in.

First time I did it, I didn't secure them well enough and one popped out during a burn.

Congratulations. What is the matter with the current tubes?

You can probably make it thru one winter like that, but if they sag more, your baffles can shift & move out of their proper position.
You might want to buy the replacements NOW so you'll have them.
The cheapest price you will pay for them is now & the price will not go down

You can probably make it thru one winter like that, but if they sag more, your baffles can shift & move out of their proper position.
You might want to buy the replacements NOW so you'll have them.
The cheapest price you will pay for them is now & the price will not go down

Thanks,

Does anybody know of an online retailer of these?

You need to get them from regency generally through a dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.