New Member - Thanks for all the great information...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to have the PF100 sitting in the basement professionally installed.
Will be running with the pellet furnace as primary and the oil furnace as backup.
Lot's of good info. here already, but any tips for me as I move forward are appraciated.
Pellet prices of $200 to $230 a ton in this area should make it easy to save $ vs. oil.

Keep warm!

Incendiary said:
Getting ready to have the PF100 sitting in the basement professionally installed.
Will be running with the pellet furnace as primary and the oil furnace as backup.
Lot's of good info. here already, but any tips for me as I move forward are appraciated.
Pellet prices of $200 to $230 a ton in this area should make it easy to save $ vs. oil.

Keep warm!

Best of luck with the furnace. Keep it clean, feed it regularly, spend some quality time with it.

Welcome to the forum Incendiary.

Spend a lot of time reading the manual and be certain to check into becoming a pellet pig or a pellet snob ;-) .

Welcome to the forum

Great place and great folks here with tons of good info.

Enjoy the new stove

Snowy

Send pics with a full report when you get 'er hooked up. Most pics we see are of freestanding stoves, so a few furnaces would be nice to get us all thinking about the possibilities.

Welcome Incendiary,

You'll find a lot of knowledge, tips and tricks and friendly people willing to help.
I could'nt have made it without hearth.com... it's the best of its kind on the internet!

Bo

Nice to have another PF100 owner on the forum. Welcome.

There are several pellet furnace owners here. Lots of experience, ready advice, and questions to solve. Hope your install goes well; let us know how it went when you fire her up.

Forgot to mention that during my install the installers did a poor job sealing the pellet vent pipe to the furnace vent collar. (vent=chimney) The smoke from the furnace found its way out the collar, around the inner and outer wall of the pellet vent; back down the outside of the collar and back into the furnace hot air chamber that supplies hot air to the ducts. The result was I had a constant smoke smell in the house. I removed the pellet vent from the furnace collar and filled the void with hi-temp silicone and stuffed the pellet vent back onto the furnace collar. Result....no more smoke smell in the house.

Harmon should have sealed the flange on the collar to the cabinet of the furnace with silicone but they did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.