New Model Harman Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCCARPS

Feb 4, 2013
South Eastern PA
Hey Guys,

New here, but have been lurking a lot since my install last July. Amazing site with tons of great people and knowledge.

Speaking to my local Harman dealer he mentioned that a Harman rep stopped in recently and told him about a new insert they are releasing this summer.

Quoted directly from my dealer. "I don’t have much info. The rep told us it will be larger in BTU and in size and also available in brown. I don’t have any prices yet. I think they will be available by July of this year."

Anyone have any info on it or if it is actually something real? My brother is looking to add a second insert to his 4500+ sq ft house and was not sure if he should pull the trigger on another Accentra or wait for this large BTU model.

RC

I can only confirm the rumor...there is talk, in dark places, of a bigger, hairier insert...with sharp teeth.

i am in the same boat. i was planning on buying an accentra insert in the spring for my 2500 sq ft house. looks like i will have to wait and see what they come out with.

Wonder why they only are making it an insert? Why not both Freestanding and Insert models??

The P-35i is an awesome unit. Would be sweeter if it was freestanding also (Dont say P-38, cause the 35 is auto ignite).

Wonder why they only are making it an insert? Why not both Freestanding and Insert models??

The P-35i is an awesome unit. Would be sweeter if it was freestanding also (Dont say P-38, cause the 35 is auto ignite).
they call it the P-43...(is a P38 with ignition)

My dealer told me that the accentra is being update and will have more btus. Said it should be the same price.

IMHO Harman is just keeping up with the Jones. MT Vernon(at 60K) and Enviro M55/Regency GCi60(at 55K) are bigger units. With people looking for a bit more it makes sense. Cool beans. ;)

I just installed my 1st Harman p35i yesterday. went in pretty good. It does not come with the threaded rod and brackets for securing shell to top of firebox, that is a add on kit. Has anybody bought a service rail kit for the p35i yet? The Accentra rails will not work w/ p35i. Cleaning would be a 2 man job w/out rails. I do like the roller setup on p35i better than the gasket slider set up on Accentra. Anybody else have any input on the P35i?

I can only confirm the rumor...there is talk, in dark places, of a bigger, hairier insert...with sharp teeth.
yeap.....noone outside of Harman has seen anything yet......its rumored to have different controls, easier to clean than the current Accentra Insert model (that darn left exchanger tube!), as well as all mentioned above.......its not really a rumor tho.....I happened to hear it from someone pretty high up at Harman.....heh......July might be a bit early tho....

My dealer told me that the accentra is being update and will have more btus. Said it should be the same price.

if its an enamelled unit, it wont be the same price.....several hundred more, at least.

This was one of the reasons why we went with the quad. I wanted something that would blow us out if we needed to. I liked the hopper design on the harman better than the quad though. It's awkwardly shaped and awkward to fill.

I like my p35i. It doesn't sit up on a hearth; that is, my fireplace opening is floor level and I have an inset stone in front of my firebox (to code). So I just roll it out to the floor (which is easy) and when pushing it back I just muscle it back a bit onto the roller tracks (which is a bit harder). That's a long way of saying that I don't have experience with the rails (sorry) but I'm able to clean the unit well. The p35i has served me well over the 14 months I've had it. Because it's a small unit, it seems to be really cranking hard to get out the heat. So far so good with the p35i, plus I like it's relatively clean lines.

yeap.....noone outside of Harman has seen anything yet......its rumored to have different controls, easier to clean than the current Accentra Insert model (that darn left exchanger tube!), as well as all mentioned above.......its not really a rumor tho.....I happened to hear it from someone pretty high up at Harman.....heh......July might be a bit early tho....

I prolly heard from same source, but its much more fun to keep the suspense up by calling it a rumor;). Kinda like "I heard the Beatles were gonna tour in 2014...all 5 of them...Pete Best on tambourine".

Sorry to ruin the suspense :p Roughly 50,000 to 52,000 btu's, they are shooting to have it out before next burn season. My procrastion pays off for once by not
putting the accentra insert in for this season ;). I will probably be diiging deeper in the wallet though for this one.

Sorry to ruin the suspense :p Roughly 50,000 to 52,000 btu's, they are shooting to have it out before next burn season. My procrastion pays off for once by not
putting the accentra insert in for this season ;). I will probably be diiging deeper in the wallet though for this one.
Interesting. If those output numbers are true, it would put the insert in between the accentra and mt Vernon. Likely because they don't want to compete directly with their current offerings and canibalize the sale of the other two stoves. I'd assume the price point will be right in the middle too. Maybe an xxv insert?

i just got an email from harman. it will be a redesigned accentra insert with 50,000 btu's. they said it will be out before next burning season.
no information on price right now.

i just got an email from harman. it will be a redesigned accentra insert with 50,000 btu's. they said it will be out before next burning season.
no information on price right now.
most likey dont even have a price yet, and all they will be able to give you is maybe the MSRP

Status
Not open for further replies.