New Monia: No response on temperature control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Niel

Nov 29, 2023
Eindhoven
Hey folks,

I just installed my brand new Monia. I bought it from a web shop, it came from their show room.
The store is not close by, unforunately and said is not possible to have a troubleshoot on location.
Luckily i found tis forum with some stove engineers on, maybe anyone can help me out.
(it is ok to have technical discussions, since my engineering background)

Now here is the situation:
The stove arrived well and is properly installed, arrived all clean inside (looking as new, maybe one run), no Errors etc.
Temperature probe/ display shows correct room temperature, everything looks fine.
When I start or re-start the fire and wait till the start-up phase is finished, there is no response on temperature parameter settings, also P1, P2, P3, P4 seems to have equal behaviour. The burning process looks very steady and proper, but uncontrollable.
So the main question is: why is my stove uncontrolleable?

My first thougt was that it is some kind of a factory status or something...

Looking forward to have any dialogue, Thanks in advance

Best regards Niel

Last edited:
I assume this is a Piazzetta stove?
And I think you mean that you don't observe any apparent change of the size of the flame for the different POWER level P1, P2, P3,...??

And I think you mean that you don't observe any apparent change of the size of the flame for the different POWER level P1, P2, P3,...??
Thanks for your response.

Attached the Type info. It is a Piazzetta/ Superior stove (assumed this is the same).
I don't observe any change in power levels P1,2,3,4 seems to be ignored after a change, as well as a temperature set point; room temperature on the display raises beyond this setpoint (I tested this for hours), while the stove keeps on feeding/ burning.

Attachments

• 2023-11-29 18.02.39.pdf
    926.4 KB · Views: 52
Good Day, do you maybe have any suggestion to help me on this topic? Thanks in advance

The most common issues like these come from the fact that the stove might be in a small room, exemple; if you ask 72°F the temperature will be reached easily so the stove will turn down to power level P1 but it will always chow power level P3 on display it will stay there because of the size of the is small it will be able to heat this room by staying at power level P1 you glass will get black and sash will stak in burn pot there is some info I left in : https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/piazzetta-pellets-stove-a-to-z-recommendations.147362/ if this does not help please give me a buzz at pmaertens@msn,com