New MT. Vernon Issue.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMPS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 12, 2010
Coastal, Maine
Ok have a new issue with my MT .Vernon which has been happening for a couple of weeks. It sounds like a jet taking off when it starts and shuts down. Once up and running I do not hear it, not sure if that is because of the blower noise or not. At any rate started after I took the exhaust blower off to clean (normal cleaning). So, I took it off again cleaned it again, used some powered graphite lubricant to see if it would help, replaced the rubber gasket and put it back on. Same issue and it is coming from the right side of the stove. Does not seem to be effecting the performance of the stove.....but the wife does not like the added noise....and we all know what the means....!!!. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

make sure the ash pan is FULLY seated. I get a rumbling noise if mine is not fully seated.

Thank you. I have checked and it is all set.

I am guessing your exhaust blower is not tight or the gasket is bad and it is sucking air through there. Helicopter sound usually means air leak somewhere.

i was having the same issue until dealer added a cover plate over a hole located behind the ashpan. mine was manufactured in 06 and the newer ones already have it installed. mine doesnt completely cover.

So that was the problem?
Sorry I should have been more clear it was not the issue.

I will tighten the exhaust blower again and look for the hole behind the ashpan as mine is around the same age. Thank you for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.