New Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craiger13

Aug 15, 2008
Marlborough, CT
Never posted pics before so hope this works. Installed 10/8 after a long wait. 4 tons of Ozark pellets delivered on 10/13. Hopefully set for the season.

Attachments

• Quad1.jpg
    Quad1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 519
  • Quadboy.jpg
    Quadboy.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 495
Looks great !!!!!........Time to change your signature...........Dog has claimed his territory for the winter!!!!!

Thanks! updated the signature....Yep, the dog truly owns every inch of this house!

I'm envious, it's a great looking stove. Good luck this winter!

Steve

Nice looking stove let us know how you like it. I'm thinking about buying a free standing unit next year. Where did you find ozark pellets? my pellet guy couldn't get them this year, I really liked them.

So far I love it....tons of heat with the blowers on quiet setting. Last night the family was out so I set the blowers to normal......heat output at medium was unreal. Of course, it has still been very warm here.....but my house is small so I think I'll have no issues using this as my primary heat source.

No choice on the Ozark pellets. I ordered 4 tons of hardwood pellets in June from Blakeslee pellets. He told me at the time that he could not guarantee what brand I would get for delivery in October...only guarantee that I would have 4 tons of premium hardwood pellets. Did not matter much to me....being a newb I really have no experience with pellet brands. So far so good...

very nice!! Don't be surprised if you catch yourself sitting
there just staring at the fire in that beauty... ;-)

Do yourself a favor close off that room as best as you can from the rest of the house, open a window or two and crank it on manuel setting 5, turn the thermostat up and leave the fan on quite. It needs to cure the painted parts of the unit. It took like two times (about two bags total) to really take the stink out of mine. the trick is to do it when you don't need the heat or you will all have head aches

Tink, your right, have been doing that every night....certainly heading down the pyro path. Just something about ease and beauty of this stove. I always loved having wood fires in the fireplace, but the ease having the fire thermostatically controlled and using this as my primary source of heat is amazing.

Booger, certainly good advice, burned for several hours on high the day of the install that seemed to take most of the stink out. It was not as bad as I expected.

This was almost the end of a very long hearth makeover that started about a year ago, You can see from the pictures I now have to complete the stone work on the face of the fireplace, but I chose to wait until the stove was in to get a better feel for where things would line up. We made a number of changes including refacing the red brick front, new hearth, bringing the wall above the mantle forward to mount a television over the fireplace...... I'll try to post some before / after pictures of the whole project tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.