New NC30 install - starter settings and operation tips would be great

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
Hey guys. I'm about to install my new NC30 with about a 18' straight pipe and 5' protrusion above the roofline.

What are some good starter settings to get the best results? Where to monitor temps?

Thanks,
Dave

Reactions: crowescabin
Where to monitor temps?
Can't get this question answered today can you!? :) Can't help except that stove top center back towards flue is usually key. In any case want to see pics when you're done. Should be good, Everyone says that thing throws the heat.

@BrotherBart is the utmost authority here about day-to-day burning in the 30NC. I am sure he will stop by at some point to answer your questions.

Best to get it installed solidly at this point and then we will walk you through making the bad boy walk and talk. What is the scoop on the install. Chimney etc.?

Best place for the mag thermo is centered on the front of the step bend in the top. Hottest place on the stove.

Ok. Thanks.

Install is straightforward. No chimney. Single wall pipe with a very high ceiling. Obviously, insulated pipe as it enters the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.