New noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nksdad2007

Dec 24, 2009
Central, Maine
Just noticed tonight when the stove was starting and the convection blower hadn't turned on yet that the stove was making a tunk noise. It happens every time the auger moves. I thought at first that maybe it had loosened up and was torquing each time. I looked in the back and it doesn't seem to be. Could my auger motor be getting ready to fail?

Possibly the fines getting in there? Had a problem once before where the auger would screech each time it turned and the dealer ended up replacing the motor, bushing and auger. They said they had never seen one do that before and luckily it was under warranty. I will run it out of pellets and see what i can find. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.