New or used harman accentra insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocko1

Burning Hunk
Feb 1, 2014
Jersey city,NJ
I'm in the market for a pellet stove. I got an offer for a accentra that was used for only one season for 2800. The new model will cost me around 4000. The new Harmon accentra will have 10,000 more btu's. Is it worth the extra 1200 for the added btu's. I have a 2500 sq ft home. Im trying to lower my oil bill!!!!!!

This is jmo I like the new one 1200 more. Your gnna have your warranty to back you up if any issues come.what I was told by my tech a lot of people want the new 52i and there sales were up at its arrival.New looks and harman is always improving on there models.what ever you choose good luck

If it were my money, I wouldn't hesitate. I would take the new one for all the reasons that Carl pointed out. I purchased a new P68 in October and now have my dealer swapping it out, because of endless issues that I've had with the stove. There is something to be said about having that peace of mind!

The new Accentra has 2 convection blowers on the top versus the old one with one blower on the bottom. More warm air pushed into the living space and less potential for dust bunnies or pet hair problems. I would go for the new one;)

Status
Not open for further replies.