new owner of a Canyon ST310

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartanfan23

Oct 22, 2014
N. Michigan
Just had a Canyon ST 310 installed and I am stumped by the small hole located below the door. This hole is open into the stove and not covered by the door gasket. What is its purpose and will it not allow the stove to be "shut down" due to the constant flow of air towards the bottom of the fire?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Just had a Canyon ST 310 installed and I am stumped by the small hole located below the door. This hole is open into the stove and not covered by the door gasket. What is its purpose and will it not allow the stove to be "shut down" due to the constant flow of air towards the bottom of the fire?
Thanks in advance.
Welcome. I'm not sure about the hole, it may be boost air to aid fire starting. What does your dealer say? Note that this is not an airtight stove in the sense that closing down the air control shuts off all air. No EPA stove is. Even with the air closed off the secondary manifold is unregulated other than by the holes in the manifold.

Not that great of a user manual, doesn't make a mention of startup air port below the door but looks like something is there on the brick layout page.

On my insert it has a cover that I can open and close that air path once the fire is established.

Note to self, Lennox has sucky user manuals.

I agree on the poor manual. Here is a picture of the hole. IMG_20141022_190657726.jpg .

I would guess its boost air for easier fire starting. That usually is not documented in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.