New owner of a used Woodstock Fireview.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
Hi guys
I stumbled across a used Fireview Sunday so I pulled the trigger. I'd say its I fair to good condition but I don't know much about them. I rodeo'd it out of their house and forgot to remove the cat. I don't know how it weathered the trip as I have it tightly wrapped in plastic on the bed of my truck and wont be able to check it until I get some help moving it into my place. The owner offered me the double wall flue but it will take some work to remove it. I'm going to try to get it next weekend. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. I've never burned a cat before. I've been a pellet burner for 10 years and have burned smoke dragons in the past. I'm excited to see it in action. Hopefully I'll get to use it a little this season.

Congratulations. When you get a chance post some pictures here of it inside and out. Check for air leaks and cracks. Gently vacuum the cat with a brush attachment. Then if all looks good, follow the manual and hook it up to a proper and safe chimney and see how she does. The stove is going to need fully seasoned wood to burn well. Do you have any? Without good wood a new owner can do a lot of tail chasing.

I saw your post about the Fireview you missed out on a while back. Glad you found another one. +1 begreen...we need pics! :)

I dont have any wood but the po has a few truckloads.he said he would sell. Just need to come.to a price. I will get some pics soon.

I didn't realize there were different versions of the fireview. How can I tell which one I have?

I didn't realize there were different versions of the fireview. How can I tell which one I have?
The 205 is the newer version. Model # and date made should be on the metal UL tag on the back. The 201 is the previous version, with air intakes in the door. I think they switched to making the 205 sometime during 1996.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.