New owner of Harman XXV some questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john193

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2010
Southeast PA
Hi folks. Hope all is having a warm winter season!

We just purchased a Harman XXV through our local dealer to combat the cold winter and to essentially replace our heat pump, why they put these things in PA just baffles my mind.

We have been really satisfied so far, temperatures have been in the low teens rising to mid twenty's during the day and dipping back down.

My reason for posting was I wanted to gain some advise from everyone here on maximizing output while minimizing fuel consumption. I currently have my XXV set at a feed rate of 2, with the stove temp set at 4 and it can keep the house at a comfortable 71 while it's 20 out, is this a proper setting? My dealer told me to keep the feed rate at 4 and to use the stove temp mode when it's really cold and to switch to temperature mode when it's not as cold.

Any suggestions and advise or what you have your stove set at would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.