New Pacific Energy Newcastle leaking air in door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help. I am starting to get it a little more. I started a fire with a full load of wood criss cross and got the stove hot and got the secondary flames going. Then cut it down slowly and stove worked good with only a small area of dirty glass. Wow this thing gets our living room to 80 degrees and heats the whole 1300 sq ft house. Then after the fire goes out the cast iron keeps radiating for a while. Wake up and it is still 68 degrees in the house. It is kind of all or nothing with this stove. Guess can not just pop a couple of logs in there and try to get a small fire and get a little heat out of the stove. Guess I will try to do a smaller fire when it gets colder outside and see how that goes.

The weather is still mild. The personality of the stove will change a lot with temps just 10 degrees cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.