New PE Summit Classic installed -- pictures added

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Dec 30, 2005
Wolcott, CT
Picked up my new Summit last night and installed it today. It was a lot easier to bring it in than it was to pull out the VC Encore that it replaced. Got the stove fired up and the windows open getting rid of the paint fumes. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get the camera charged up enough.

Congratulations Shaun. Heating is suddenly going to seem a lot simpler.

Nice I just got the spectrum classic this year , im sure you going to be happy with the summit, enjoy. Pez

Here's to a long and happy relationship. Congratulations!

Here are two pictures from last night with the initial fire going. So far, no complaints.

Attachments

• DSC02535.jpg
    DSC02535.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC02537.jpg
    DSC02537.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 544
Is that a 8" pipe?

No, that is a 6" pipe. With the Encore, it was 8" reduced to 6" to go through the wall. When I picked up the Summit, I bought new 6" double wall to take me to the wall.

I see.
I was trying to get a idea of the size of the stove in relation to the size of the pipe.
Very nice.

Looks sweet! I have been fighting the bug to put an Alderlea T6 in my house and you aren't helping :)

oldspark said:
BeGreen said:
I will remain silent for now!
Should not be too hard to sell that Summit. If I disliked my stove as much as you, it would be gone.

Congrats on the new stove. I bought and installed a titanium colored Summit Classic last month. Prior to the Summit I had a VC Encore and a Hearthstone Mansfield. I have been very pleased with the Summit and I'm looking forward to putting it to the test on the sub zero nights. The amount of heat is very nice.

BeGreen brought up a good point when I posted pics of mine. I initially had the thermometer on top of the trivet. He suggested I place the thermometer under the trivet on the actual steel surface. It fit under there perfectly and the temps were much higher/accurate.

Enjoy

SKIN052 said:
oldspark said:
BeGreen" date="12999990t42 said:
I will remain silent for now!
Should not be too hard to sell that Summit. If I disliked my stove as much as you, it would be gone.
I know the stove is a good one, I just need to figure out what the problem is. Now that it is warmer I can try a couple of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.