1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Pellet Co in Fitchburg, MA $225/ton for one day

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mrbean1025, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    yes - read a few posts above.
    I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions as well though.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Dry Creek and Energex use to last year, I'm not sure if they do in 2009 but I'll find out.

Zap
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

We have a new pellet plant here in Massena New York.

http://www.curranpellets.com/products.html

Zap
  4. wil lanfear

wil lanfear Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    vermont
    The PA Pellets I purchased last year and the Pot-O-Gold pellets I purchased this year, manufactured by Fiber By-Products Corp. have this info on the bags.
  5. harleysporty1200

harleysporty1200 Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    called two weeks ago they said the soonest they could deliver was this friday oct 9th. hopefully i have pellets to stack this weekend
  6. kt1i

kt1i Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    Oh well, just cancelled my order with them. Was supposed to pick up my one ton tomorrow. Now, they say two weeks. Going down to get refund on credit card and looking elsewhere. Will not go back next year.
  7. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    Have you told them you were canceling when you were on the phone?
    What did they say the delay was?
  8. harleysporty1200

harleysporty1200 Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    they had to rechedule my delivery for last week too. she said on the phone i would have them this week sometime, she didnt sound to convincing. if i dont have them by friday i will be canceling also. so far im not impressed!
  9. Gweeper64

Gweeper64 New Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    Bump. Updates? I don't think my neighbors have had their order delivered yet (not that I've noticed anyway).
  10. harleysporty1200

harleysporty1200 Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    was told by the end of the week, still no pellets
  11. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    hm... I would have called a 4pm on Friday asking what was up/ when to schedule the delivery, and why the delay.
  12. harleysporty1200

harleysporty1200 Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    trust me I have been calling everyday, I get a different excuse every time
  13. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    really curious as to what kinda stuff they have been saying. As I still have 2 tons to get from them.
  14. mnkywrnch

mnkywrnch Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    Well wife called Friday girl she talks to is now giving you a # were 61 and a friend who was in line with us and bought there pellets brfore us are #72 how they got that is beyond me our friends should be #60.IMO there losing peoples trust fast..........
  15. harleysporty1200

harleysporty1200 Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Im #62 in there number list, when i was first given the number she said they were on #45 & i should have my tons the following week, i call back the following week & now they were on #20 WTF i guess i missed that day in math class!
  16. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    I remember someone telling me that they were going to be going off invoice numbers. And those that had an earlier number will be getting serviced first.

I know I ordered mine during their open house. sounds like mnkywrnch also ordered them that day as well.
  17. mnkywrnch

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    Thats correct Ducker I also orderd at the open house,my invoice # 228.I think the numbers were getting now are just to try and shut us up,with the feeling were getting something.I already have 5 tons stored away so Im not hurting,but I do feel bad for the people who put all there eggs in one basket so to speak.
    Todd
  18. harleysporty1200

harleysporty1200 Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    i was also at the open house back in june i spent three hours there eating hot dogs & hamburgers & waiting in line to order pellets that were promised to me by the end of july begining of august the latest! not that i needed them that early, but they sounded pretty confident in there statements.
  19. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

amazing......why dont some of you folks just break down and get it from a local dealer who has it on the ground? Oh, yea, sorry, wanna save a few bucks....lets see.....Allegany Pellets, New England Wood Pellet.......some folks never learn.....
  20. mnkywrnch

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    If you look at my signature I already have 5 ton,just bought 1ton to try.
  21. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    or some folks just would like to support a local business and hope they can pull through with it.
    I could of paid slightly more and received the pellets from a local distributor, but I would prefer to support a Mfg plant that is local more then a distributor who is local.

If it seems like this will be an on going issue next season, I do not expect to give Creative Biomass my business next season.

I'm already borderline as it is; but I'm lucky I already received 1/2 my order.
  22. mnkywrnch

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    Ducker how are they burning for you ?A friends father inlaw is already burning his and says there some of the best hes ever burnt and hes been burning along time.
  23. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    I'm liking them so far. They feel to be burning faster then the kinda crappy ones I had last year.

what kind of temp output should I be seeing typically directly at the air vents?
  24. mnkywrnch

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    On mty stove I've seen temps close to 300* on high I would say anything over 250* would be good.
  25. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    at what kinda setting. I didn't check at full or nearly full capacity, but rather a low setting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.