New Pellet Co in Fitchburg, MA $225/ton for one day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rcarr10525 said:
I wonder if Creative Biomass bought pellets from someone else and started to put them into their own bags since they were having a hard time making their own. Maybe that is the pellets some got that say they are the best pellets they have ever used.
I would agree!!!

so far the only odd thing i have found in my bags is a few corn kernels. wonder if they are mixing corn in to get higher btu's. other than that these pellets SUCK.

I bought my pellets in June on the Grand Opening of CB and I am just saying what I have experienced. The pellets have had no foriegn substances and are burning good. No I don't work for Creative Biomass and I have been on the phone and leaving harsh messages just to get the 2 tons I have. I have been reading all the posts which have led me to watch what I dump into the hopper very carefully, I even have screened some bags and loaded by scoop to check them thoroughly. But the fact is they are fine So Far! Maybe I have received a good batch or haven't hit any bad bags yet, I don't know. But If I find any thing I will definitely post it.

Burning Good said:
I bought my pellets in June on the Grand Opening of CB and I am just saying what I have experienced. The pellets have had no foriegn substances and are burning good. No I don't work for Creative Biomass and I have been on the phone and leaving harsh messages just to get the 2 tons I have. I have been reading all the posts which have led me to watch what I dump into the hopper very carefully, I even have screened some bags and loaded by scoop to check them thoroughly. But the fact is they are fine So Far! Maybe I have received a good batch or haven't hit any bad bags yet, I don't know. But If I find any thing I will definitely post it.

This is exactly what I thought with the first half of the first ton (out of 2) that I received... once I got about 30 bags in to it the fines / dust started increasing quite a bit, and noticed more discolored pellets, as well as misc stuff in the bags.

As well as some serious length issues.

There are a lot more pellets available this year and a lot more places selling them, so it's all the better for us! I like the NEWP they burn hot and very lttle ash in my stove. If they drop the price I won't complain, I could have been sitting here in the cold waiting for the CBM Prefect Pellets!!!

Gee, am I glad that I got out of the CB mess early while they were still refunding. I remember touring the plant on the open house day and thinking "They are no where near making pellets" I wonder whose pellets they were displaying at the open house.
Lesson learned...be very careful paying upfront for something not yet produced.

I have seen this link before but never can access the article.

kt1i said:

I don't believe that there was an article...just a person who started a topic on the thread.

It's to bad I was looking forward to having a local mill, but you can't treat your costumers like sh!@ and still be in business.

FYI - Just talked to a lady at Pro Tech Energy in Acton 866-299-6441. One day only sale Sat Dec 26th. $199.00 / ton. Two ton limit per household. New England Hardwood Pellet or New England Premium Pellets not sure of the name of them.

kt1i said:

There is a article, it will take you first to another page click on Fitchburg Pride, then look down for the "Creative Biomass going out of business?". the article came out today from what it looks like.

rcarr10525 said:
FYI - Just talked to a lady at Pro Tech Energy in Acton 866-299-6441. One day only sale Sat Dec 26th. $199.00 / ton. Two ton limit per household. New England Hardwood Pellet or New England Premium Pellets not sure of the name of them.

This is who I called and got 3 tons delivered in the summer. I'm still burning through the last of my Kentucky Komforts from last year!

Just had the charges reversed with my credit card company for the ton I ordered in June. I hated to do it, I really wanted to see a local start-up business succeed. Unfortunately with the way they are headed, they won't be around for too much longer.

Sad stories for sure....

It's too bad Creative Biomass couldn't have been more forthcoming on production issues with equipment. I'd like to see them straighten out and get productive, but the smoke and mirrors they have been dishing out to customers have only hurt future business.

It all comes back to startup capital. Who knows what was available from investors and private sources before the company began relying on customer pre-paid orders to pay the salaries of employees.

At face value, based on this thread, Creative Biomass appeared to heavily rely on prepayments to fund their startup capital needs. Something that can easily kill a business before it has a chance to get out of the gate.

When I was at Pro-Tech this morning for their $199 per ton NEWP Sale, at least half the people there were from the Lunenburg/Leominster area that got screwed by Biomass. Pro-Tech should send Biomass a thank you card for all the new customers they just got handed to them.

If CB would have been up front about the problems in the begining, and letting customers know what the facts were, the customers would have had a choice on what they wanted to do. I don't know if the are being honest in this article or if it is more of the same, we have been hearing for months now. If they are having all these issues they should have let those of us who had already purchased them now what the problems were that they were having, it would have been better than all the lies. I hope they get their act together and get the company off the ground but they have hurt them selves by the way they have been dealing with thier customber base! I really not think I will purchase from them again after the way they have none business with me. They would have to do something pretty big to make me even think about buying from them again.

I could care less what CB does now. In my opinion it was built up on lies and false pretenses. That Sentinel and Enterprise was a lot kinder to CB then the Fitchburg article; most likely because they actually got to talk to Shawn. But it still sounds like a pile of BS... They since September they have been waiting for one piece of equipment or another, and now they are looking to replace something in December to aid in production, when it has been quite obvious that they needed this back in the Summer. All the while just stringing us along.

I know I was hesitant in having to pay cash/check to Pro-Tech in Acton, MA today; but the difference in this particular situation was that they have been around a little while, actually have inventory in stock, limited the number of people they provided the deal with, and finally actually wrote the date of scheduled delivery.

There's nothing CB could do to ever get my business, including offering an even better price next year. Forget it. In addition I will tell anyone to stay clear of their product from distributors too, as I've found all sorts of crap in their bags :/ (burned through about 55 bags so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.