New Pellet Facility

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wachusett

Feeling the Heat
Apr 12, 2010
Wachusett Reservoir, MA.
Hi All,

Heard a rumor there's a pellet facility of some kind being built in Upton, MA. off
the old Grafton & Upton Rail line. I would assume its a bagging facility. Foundation
and silo are in. Anyone with info?

well i can tell you that John Delli-Priscolli bought the old railroad and is re-habbing it...going to start running freight on there. The old smelter/Garrity building in Hopedale is rumored to be a new location for an Italian locomotive company to assemble new engines for the mbta...I know he's been storing telephone poles up there near BVT, and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't strike a deal with a pellet company for distribution. It's a large spur off the Boston route.

My shop is in Hopedale right near the railroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.