New pellet mill in central ma.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnkywrnch

Minister of Fire
Dec 8, 2008
Baldwinville ma
I was reading the sunday paper on a article about a pellet plant opening in Fitchburg ma,according to the paper they should be in production by june 09. The company is based out of mason N.H CALLED CREATIVEBIOMASS.It also stated they were going to have a wholesale store on site for below market prices.They have a web site creativebiomass.com taking orders for the 2009/2010 heating season.Not that I would order pellets from a company that isnt tested yet ,but something to look at for us central mass folks.

Hi Ducker, yeah thats the article I read ,there web site says taking orders for the 2009/2010 heating season if it opens this year I will definetly give them a try, I work 5 minutes from there plant on river st.I really like the fact that there going to have a retail store on site.

sounds good to me! are they an actual mill, or are they going to be a rebagging plant like NAPCO in Barre?

Its actually going to be a mill, with all the equipment left there by the grain company they will just modify some of it to produce pellets, they plan on having the wood chips shipped by railcar,theres tracks behind the building,they even have there own locomotive.

Status
Not open for further replies.