New pellet (& more) storage shed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

R9R

Apr 26, 2016
Eastern Ohio
Completed my new storage shed for pellets & mowers & such a week or so ago. Just in time for this year's delivery, now 4T stacked nice inside :cool: Shed is 10x20, using about 10x6 for pellets, rest will be the riding mower, push mower, yard tools, chop & table saws, etc. 2 entries; 1 single door for pellet loading/unloading, double doors for mowers & such. Just wanted to share ;lol

Attachments

• KIMG0186.jpg
    KIMG0186.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 301
  • KIMG0187.jpg
    KIMG0187.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 313
  • KIMG0188.jpg
    KIMG0188.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 279
Thank you for sharing. And we love pictures!

Pictures or it didn't happen!!

Practicioner - bought the lumber & steel from the sawmill down the road. 100% from my head, good or bad! ;lol I shiver to think what a 10x20 prefab would cost _g

Thanks ==c I just need to finish the ramp sosI can put the mower in.

Hey,....that turned out nice I'd like to know more about how you hinged the doors. Looks water tight. Did you use a common or special hinge?

R9R when your available im ready to do an addition on my shop for pellet storage . Nice job!

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
Deezl - just T-hinges from Menards, nothing fancy. The hinge side has a slight (1/8-1/4") gap between the door frame & the shed frame, maybe one day i'll put some weatherstripping in there or something, but no leaks so far. The double doors I cut the steel panels to overlap in the center. Drip edge above it all, plus the roof overhangs ~12". I'm in E Ohio, so no shortage of rain to test it, so far so good! I can get better pics if you'd like, I'm pretty proud of this one :) I even put storm door closers on them to cushion the closing, and prop open ;lol

Ssyko - anytime!! :p