New Pellet Stove Purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vtpelletburner

Jun 7, 2015
springfield, vermont
Hi all,

First of all, I have been reading this forum for quite some time but only recently joined. Great information from all and what a great community!

I have had a pellet stove in the past (Napoleon NPS40) and loved it. Just bought this new house last year and decided to put one in here and I had a couple questions.

Planning on purchasing a USSC 5660. Based on comments on the board, I will be replacing the blower that comes with the stove with the convection blower I have seen people here talking about.

I will be heating about 1000 square feet with it and was interested in opinions on the best thermostat to use with this stove.

Also, any opinions on the auger for this stove...I have heard they have had issues...don't know if that is older stoves or is still a current problem.

Any and all comments welcomed!

Can't help you with that stove but I'm sure some will chime in.
Welcome to the Forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.