New Pellet Stove Tips

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsco27

Oct 19, 2007
North Shore, MA
We just had our new Country Stoves Winslow Pellet Stove installed, albeit, not from a very good installer. It works fine, but for 2 complaints:

1. The flame doesn't seem to stay high and visible enough. Most of the time it is concentrated in the burn pot, and difficult to see. This, of course, takes away from the aesthetics of the stove.

2. There seems to be a lot of sparklers flying up from the pot, in all directions. I wonder if this is an indication of poor adjustment, poor pellets?

Any ideas/tips?

It does throw off some nice heat regardless.

The spark are from the saw dust in the pellets
NORMAL

If you have Pellets popping out of the burn pot then this is NOT NORMAL and the air adjustment is to high.

Low and high fire is normal also on a pellet stove
Pellet stove are more for heat than thay are for LOOKs
you are only going to get a large fire when you burn the stove on the higher feed setti

The air setting is the trickiest part for me.

I mark my damper pole with a marker for each different type of pellets that I burn for the optimal setting.

Once you find the perfect setting, the stove works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.