New Pellets from new company

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Got my 5 tons in bags 4 days ago. Got 2 pallets in my garage & 3 been sittin' outside by my bulkhead . Wrapped up tighter than a tick & can't wait for rain to stop so's i can slide 'em down the cellar. Pre-bought a few months ago so i got a great price . Made right here in Maine so i'm really liking that part also. It's so good to see so many newbies coming on here & sharing . Thats what make one of the things so cool about this site & meeting great people is a major plus . I like to stop at different hardware/lumber stores to ask their take on pellet stoves & pellets. Opinions vary greatly so stay connected to this site for pure honest advice & suggestions . Just my bit . Muss

Can you tell us which pellet company??
I have 5 tons ordered from Corinth(through a dealer).
They seem to be down for maintenance or something.....

Yea,
What he said!!

Yep !! The Athens Co. it is . Bought them from Springbrook in Waterville several months ago. I finally had a couple hours of dry weather yesterday so i was able to put them down the cellar. I'm gettin' old cause the only part of my body that isn't a little stiff & sore today are my fingers . Lol . Again, let me extend a warm welcome to all newbies & looking forward to,well almost looking forward to, heating season so's i can get on here on a regular basis & hopefully contribute . Muss

Thanks Muss!
As a newbie to the pellet world, I am anxious to see how this stove will throw the heat!
This is a great forum. I am learning a lot.
I can't believe school starts in 2 weeks!!
Fall is on its' way!!

Later....

I hope the Athens are good, I am looking into buying a few bags to try them out.

slls said:
I hope the Athens are good, I am looking into buying a few bags to try them out.

I hope so too since I accepted delivery of 3 tons of them and they are stacked safely in my basement.. They got me for 289 a ton...but delivery was included.
I did check out one of the split bags (from handling) and the pellets looked okay...smelled good and didn't seem to have much fines.Tossed a bucket full into the Harmen and they burned okay too.
Of course only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.