New Pellets...Northeast.....labeled....." not for animal consumption??????"...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
Wonder what is in these...100% recycle....recycle what??...My concern is that my dog does pick these up off of the floor and chews on them...

I've got four different brands of pellets and every one of them has the same or very similar warning label. It's probably a CYA thing since they are not inspected or approved by USDA as animal food.

Posted in your other topic. They are printing that for people who might thnik they are animal food. They do kind of look like rabbit pellets and such. Just like dont use a aluminum ladder against power lines, and running generators in the house. :rolleyes:

Pellets that are mixed hardwoods containing walnut are labeled not to be used as horse bedding because horses have major problems with one of the components of walnut.

yeah, lets play lawsuite lottery....hot coffee is a joke compared to the havoc a WOD PELLET can cause....

iron stove said:
and running generators in the house. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know....the noise was just unbearable ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.