New Pellett Dealer Northern Westchester . . . but overpriced

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Was just out picking up a growler of beer and passed a "Pellets for Sale" sign....had to check it out.
It was Hilltop Farms,a nursery on Route 9A in Montrose/Cortlandt. They have Granules LG at $7.50/bag, unknown ton price because the kid working didn't know and delivery charge depends on where you live. Well, bought a bag to try but too pricey for me.

Was just out picking up a growler of beer and passed a "Pellets for Sale" sign....had to check it out.
It was Hilltop Farms,a nursery on Route 9A in Montrose/Cortlandt. They have Granules LG at $7.50/bag, unknown ton price because the kid working didn't know and delivery charge depends on where you live. Well, bought a bag to try but too pricey for me.

$7.50 is highway robbery... At that price, you may as well use propane/oil.

Just like a bunch of cigar shops opened up with boutique brands when the cigar craze hit. Most have gone out of business. I am more convinced they'll be a glut next year and the new pellet shops will be yesterday's news.

Im currently paying 7.50$ a bag for greenways , lignetics and awf white pines. Someone tried charging me 10$ a bag for hamers. No thanks as i laughed at him and walked out

what has been your less pricey alternative?

I am very pleased with "heat'rs" from HD @249/ton. I should also point out that,at least in my area, I can order Granules LG (same pellet) from pellets.com for about 6.50/bag....a dollar less per bag. Delivery cost probably about the same.

I am very pleased with "heat'rs" from HD @249/ton. I should also point out that,at least in my area, I can order Granules LG (same pellet) from pellets.com for about 6.50/bag....a dollar less per bag. Delivery cost probably about the same.

$1.00 less per bag adds up to a lot of money at the end of the year that can be spent on fishing tackle. That's the way I look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.