New personal best time between loads on the Fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrodsky

Jan 19, 2006
Millbrook, NY
Got home after a late night out and didn't want to do anything but go to sleep. Got up this morning, 22 hours after last load, and found plenty of coals for a matchless restart even though the stovetop was only a bit over 100. Back up to catalytic burn in about 30 minutes with no effort.

I have gone 14-16 hours many times, but never that long.

-Colin

I ran into that today myself. Loaded the 30 about 75% at eight o'clock last night. When I got up late this morning the blower was still going and stove top was 300 so I let it ride since the day was supposed to be warm. I just went up and checked and here at 5:45 pm the next day the stove top is still at 125 with the blower still going on low and the coals are laying under some ash smiling at me.

I can't reload though because it is 74 degrees in the house since it has gone all day and reloading would shoot the place up to 80+.

I have seen the same, usually in the spring and fall when I just need one good full load for the day and let it burn out til the next day and there's still enough coals 24hrs later to throw some small splits on top of kindling and start her up again.

I don't think I have had coals after 22 hours, although I haven't checked, but usually when I don't empty the ash pan there are always some there after 12 - 14 hours to restart.

Still have some in there now from 7 this morning. House is still a little too warm for a fire. I think it is about 55 outside.

Beautiful day here in Central VA.

J.P.

When we have warmer weather I just let the ash accumulate. Stove bed is pretty deep so I can get 3" plus ash without it spilling out. There's always coals somewhere down in that ash bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.