New pipe, interior condensation inside triple wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ill try to convey a problem we had. New house, new certified install. Straight run of Five feet telescoping security double wall connecting to six feet of selkirk sentinel which exits trough a vaulted ceiling. It can be -30c out side during the day but we get enough solar energy through the rake head windows in the living room (south facing) to keep the house warm on a sunny day so I usually let the stove go out so as not to overheat the space. In the first year only once did we have a few drips on the back corner of the stove from the square ceiling trim piece (condensation)? One day the next year one afternoon the wife decided to do laundry had the dryer going whilst I tried to start a fire. Bad draft reversal opened window to mitigate the problem. I had two problems that caused this one was that dryers exhaust at between 100 and 200 cfm and the intake screen on the hrv was plugged with frost thereby exasperating the problem. A little food for thought your climate is much more temperate than ours so my situation might not be plausible in your area. Good luck in solving your problem.

Yep, note you have hrv, where we are because of summer and fall humidity we have an ERV, and yes, I did check our ERV for clogs, just cleaned the filter last week. As stated we may go with outside air, since we are already set up for it, just to be safe. Our ERV does provide a positive pressure.

Yes, new homes do add a tm of moisture. Our basement was poured in Summer of 17, and we ran two dehumidifiers 24/7 for a year down there to pull moisture out. Framing, drywall, paint etc has been done for a year and a half basement longer, so our home has been through one summer and two winters of conditioned space.

Appreciate the info, and thoughts that can help others and provide a reference.