New poll please give your thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What's your opinion on Colorado's latest Recreational Law

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Labrador, man? ;)

My dog ate my stash man, had to follow him around for three days with a baggie.....

I think I was 17 when that came out, hilarious.

Note DUI is all meds , OTC,RX, alcohol, synthetic ,recreational if it impairs abilities to make decisions, or impacts safety of others.
Just wanted to clarify that.

question is "what Is the legal limit?" with alcohol you have an established testable admissible number, with other drugs you do not especially THC which remains in the system long after the "high" is gone. this brings an almost unbeatable defense tactic. "im not high I haven't smoked in almost a day" then you have only "opinion v/s opinion" and that don't fly in court where one is innocent until proven guilty. which would likely upon acquittal will bring suits for wrongful prosecution in some cases rightfully or not.

gonna be an interesting time , I suspect pot will be legalized nationally within the next several years.

question is "what Is the legal limit?" with alcohol you have an established testable admissible number, with other drugs you do not especially THC which remains in the system long after the "high" is gone. this brings an almost unbeatable defense tactic. "im not high I haven't smoked in almost a day" then you have only "opinion v/s opinion" and that don't fly in court where one is innocent until proven guilty. which would likely upon acquittal will bring suits for wrongful prosecution in some cases rightfully or not.

gonna be an interesting time , I suspect pot will be legalized nationally within the next several years.

That's where law enforcement's observations that come into play. RPGs in Canada (reasonable and probable grounds). For example, DUI in Canada is called Impaired Operation of a Motorvehicle. There are 2 sections in the criminal code: 1- impaired by any substance (including alcohol) and 2-over the blood alcohol limit of 0.08 percent. So you could have never drank in your life, blown 0.06 and he charged with impaired. The 253(1)(a)CC section states that impaired can be caused by any drug (including prescriptions) or alcohol. It is up to a drug recognition expert to determine if a person's ability to operate has been influenced by a drug and the observations of the officer. Let the debate begin in court!!

Either way if someone drives while impaired by anything and kills one of my children, they had better hide...because something tells me I will be looking for them. Jail might be safer for them ;)

Last edited:
Surprisingly, our politicians never learned the lesson that prohibition leads to organized crime. As more politicians work to legalize recreational drugs to provide needed tax money (and votes), the major issue will be finding jobs for out of work gang bangers.

Reactions: 1kzwoman
We have two drugs that are common and legal alcohol and tobacco in our society.
One has been through prohibition the other encouraged at one point in it's history by the government.
Tobacco was provided to military personnel and wards in institutions. Government was more than happy to collect taxes.
Now social pressure and more information about medical impacts are lessing use with out concern for impacts on other people.
There will always be those who use in excess, but our social system currently provides a failure proof setting for that to happen. IMHO

We have two drugs that are common and legal alcohol and tobacco in our society.
One has been through prohibition the other encouraged at one point in it's history by the government.
Tobacco was provided to military personnel and wards in institutions. Government was more than happy to collect taxes.
Now social pressure and more information about medical impacts are lessing use with out concern for impacts on other people.
There will always be those who use in excess, but our social system currently provides a failure proof setting for that to happen. IMHO
Tobacco in NY is taxed into near prohibition status. A bit under $10/pack now We read about cigarette smugglers being caught on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.