1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

New pup.

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by JDC1, Dec 13, 2012.

1. charly

charly Guest

What a great picture...We had Rotti's years ago,, they were great dogs.... Always wanted a Mastiff or Great Dane.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. JP11

JP11 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Here's the boy. Happy to have him around for Christmas. He's had bone cancer since June/July. Little bugger still wants to run and play. He's doing good, for now.

zeus2 (2).jpg
    charly and albert1029 like this.
  3. albert1029

albert1029 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    handsome dog...
  4. charly

charly Guest

Sorry to hear about the cancer,,,, wow does he ever look like my male Rudy... He was a surprise from my wife for Christmas... He loved kids,,,in fact our vet said he was a credit to the breed.. At around 7 years of age he came down with epilepsy. We treated him through a homeopathic vet, so not on meds he was fine until his monthly seizures would show up.. He lived until he was 9, dropped dead while a neighbor was siting by him petting him....I immediately started CPR amongst the tears of people around ,,I'll never forget looking into his eye's as I tried to give him some sustaining breath's of life,,,,hoping he would come back, heart compressions and all,, he did take one breath...What a loss,,,I envy you having to go through a loss of such a nice looking boy.. I can see he is a sweet heart just looking at him... Not many Males look like your boy and the boy we had. Most have those slanted eye's and more of a pointed muzzle. Our female wound up with cancer,, lymphoma ,,, we gave her chinese mushrooms through the same vet,, she lived another 6 months with a good life,, did everything as normal up until about 3 days before she passed... The day she passed my wife said she just laid all day waiting for me to come home... When I came home she got up to greet me,, lost her bladder and then proceeded to go into our back bedroom where she laid and we sat with her as she took her last breaths.;sick Thanks for sharing that picture,,, it brought back good memories........Charlie
  5. JP11

JP11 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Thanks.

It's tough to lose them. If you have a male rottie, your into the 90% range they will die from cancer. Make it a male neutered before 1 year old.. which is most all breed specific rescues... and your at 97%.

He's a fantastic boy. Very mellow, loves everyone.
    zeus1 (2).JPG
  6. JDC1

JDC1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    We got him home yesterday. What a dog, he is very smart. Loves our kids and follows my wife everywhere.

Attached Files:

Adios Pantalones likes this.
  7. JDC1

JDC1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Here is another picture.

Attached Files:

JP11 and zap like this.
  8. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc: