New quad e2 being installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riverat

Burning Hunk
Oct 30, 2014
bainbridge,penna
Well folks I had a Quad E2 ordered for 3 weeks and my dealer called and arranged for the stove be put in next Wednesday, now I know what some of you are thinking and I ask the ones that are ready to pounce on my posting for going thru with the deal after what happen here on the same model to please keep the comments to yourself , I have all the confidence in my dealer and talked about a hour on the phone whether I should go with a Harman which they have in stock and they told me there would be no problem switching to a Harman if that is what I liked,they also told me that they installed 8 other E2 since September and would gladly give me the names and phone numbers of the folks that own them if the folks agreed to talking to me, they also told me that all the pellet stoves that they installed over the years that neither Harman or Quadrafire are not any more superior versus one on one,he said the only thing wrong with any forum is it can come down to a Ford vs Chevy showdown depending what percentage of folks want to post what is good or what is bad, I will keep up with my post that I started when I get my stove hooked up and running .hope I can ease some of the frustration of others that don't care for the Quads

We shall see

Jeff

Reactions: kappel15
I have nothing against Quad. I've never owned one but I know that there are many happy Quad owners in this forum. If you are uncomfortable then by all means have a talk with the Happy Quad E2 owners, I can only imagine that there are many of them as well !

Last edited:
Congratulations Jeff. There are many happy Quad owners here and I'm sure you'll be one of them. I know emotions run high when things happen and it's easy to sit by your computer and praise or bash a product. Try owning a Magnum Baby Countryside! The Yugo of pellet stoves!

Looking forward to pictures and posts of a successful install and bountiful heat!

You will be just fine. Pellet stove in your home is less risky than getting in a car...

One person with a bad experience does not a trend make. That issue seemed to be an anomaly, so I congratulate you on your purchase and may you have many years of getting plenty of heat out of it!

Hope you have years of dependable heat. kap

And don't be afraid to ask questions here on the forum. It is what it is for. kap

No Kap when you have to dig deep down for knowledge you would be a fool not to use the resources this forum has to offer , Special thanks to you for getting me a jump start on pellet stoves

Jeff

Nice stove. Having faith in your dealer is a good thing.. Be sure to post pics

Congratulations Jeff. There are many happy Quad owners here and I'm sure you'll be one of them. I know emotions run high when things happen and it's easy to sit by your computer and praise or bash a product. Try owning a Magnum Baby Countryside! The Yugo of pellet stoves!

Looking forward to pictures and posts of a successful install and bountiful heat!
Ha ha ha. Magnum Baby Club. We're quite a bunch. Congrats on the new stove!

Reactions: ChandlerR
Well folks I had a Quad E2 ordered for 3 weeks and my dealer called and arranged for the stove be put in next Wednesday, now I know what some of you are thinking and I ask the ones that are ready to pounce on my posting for going thru with the deal after what happen here on the same model to please keep the comments to yourself , I have all the confidence in my dealer and talked about a hour on the phone whether I should go with a Harman which they have in stock and they told me there would be no problem switching to a Harman if that is what I liked,they also told me that they installed 8 other E2 since September and would gladly give me the names and phone numbers of the folks that own them if the folks agreed to talking to me, they also told me that all the pellet stoves that they installed over the years that neither Harman or Quadrafire are not any more superior versus one on one,he said the only thing wrong with any forum is it can come down to a Ford vs Chevy showdown depending what percentage of folks want to post what is good or what is bad, I will keep up with my post that I started when I get my stove hooked up and running .hope I can ease some of the frustration of others that don't care for the Quads

We shall see

Jeff
So you had the option to go with a HARMAN and you decided not to REALLY?geese o man

congrats and enjoy the new stove

I have two quads and the classic bay is pretty good, but I would never buy another mount vernon. Bought mine in 2009 and it had many problems and it's just a picky stove. I've been burning pellet for 16 years. My last house I had a harman and I can kick myself for not getting one this time.

The mount vernon was expensive and when I replace it will be a harman. The Harmon's just run and run and with less fuss. I've talked to a lot of other people with the mount vernon and most have had the same problems I've had. Luckily for me I got really good at fixing it. It kind of feels like the Fiat I once had a lot time ago. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you all for the support of the new edition to our family,and big apology to big papa for raining on your parade ;)

Jeff

Reactions: Big papa
I have two quads and the classic bay is pretty good, but I would never buy another mount vernon. Bought mine in 2009 and it had many problems and it's just a picky stove. I've been burning pellet for 16 years. My last house I had a harman and I can kick myself for not getting one this time.

The mount vernon was expensive and when I replace it will be a harman. The Harmon's just run and run and with less fuss. I've talked to a lot of other people with the mount vernon and most have had the same problems I've had. Luckily for me I got really good at fixing it. It kind of feels like the Fiat I once had a lot time ago. Just my 2 cents.
I met a guy in HD with a similar story with his Enviro. He say's his next stove will be a Harman because here he is picking over pellet brands and walking away buying non. He owned an old Harman before the Enviro. My Harman burned the Green Supremes he turned away from just fine incidentally.. He told me the last time he had GS that he vowed never again to buy those, his stove choked on them !!

Smg64ct,sorry to hear of the bad experience with your Quads, I know of a few folks that own Quads and won't see it any other way, life is about decision making and gambling on them making the right decision at a given time,my post can go on and on about what stove I should of brought into my home, again it becomes a Ford VS Chevy showdown

Jeff

Ha ha ha. Magnum Baby Club. We're quite a bunch. Congrats on the new stove!

Sounds good GMadd! I'm in. Mine's almost 8 years old and the only breakdown has been the high limit snap switch that went on year three. Once I learned how to clean it properly, it's been great. It is a crappy design but it's simple and easy to maintain. It throws some heat, I know that! When it does eventually die, my eye is on an Accentra, but the way this thing is going, it may never happen.

Sounds good GMadd! I'm in. Mine's almost 8 years old and the only breakdown has been the high limit snap switch that went on year three. Once I learned how to clean it properly, it's been great. It is a crappy design but it's simple and easy to maintain. It throws some heat, I know that! When it does eventually die, my eye is on an Accentra, but the way this thing is going, it may never happen.

The Baby keeps my house pretty warm. And if I got rid of it I could never say to my wife "time to feed the baby" before heading to the garage to get a pellet bag. I have my eye on the Accentra too. Seems like a good Baby replacement if ever had to. I agree though, now that I know how to fix it and replace parts, something crazy would have to happen to make me want to drop $4,000 on the Harman. This is my first season but seems like you have had good success. I'm interested if your auger Bearing ever needs replacing? Seems to wear way too quick for me. Replaced it at the beginning of the season and its slowly starting to leak again

The Baby keeps my house pretty warm. And if I got rid of it I could never say to my wife "time to feed the baby" before heading to the garage to get a pellet bag. I have my eye on the Accentra too. Seems like a good Baby replacement if ever had to. I agree though, now that I know how to fix it and replace parts, something crazy would have to happen to make me want to drop $4,000 on the Harman. This is my first season but seems like you have had good success. I'm interested if your auger Bearing ever needs replacing? Seems to wear way too quick for me. Replaced it at the beginning of the season and its slowly starting to leak again
GMadd, I don't want to hijack this thread and make it about Baby's but no, my bushings have been fine. When I do the deep cleanings, there is a tiny amount of sawdust on the motor. I must have bought one that was made on a Wednesday...at 9am.

Reactions: GMadd
You'll love the E2. I've put a couple of tons through mine already and its been incredibly easy to run. Its a very quiet, powerful, beautiful heater.

Don't pay any attention to the "If it's not a Harman you must be crazy" trolls on here-

Kramerica72,I see enought of post on here were folks have issues with there Harmans also,I am happy with my choice of stove regardless what other folks think

Thanks

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.