New Quada Fire 7100fp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

critter1

Nov 26, 2007
NE Texas
Am installing the 7100 in my new home next week. Should I be concerned about monitoring the temperatures of both the fire-box and the flue ? Because I'm inclosing the insert into a rock surfaced interior, how will it be possible to monitor the flue temperatures ? Is there a sensing device that I should install in the flue, prior to finishing the wall of the room? I'm not sure of what I should require, before enclosing and framing the Great Room wall...... any suggestions ??

Its a double wall air cooled pipe that is used, even if you wanted to check flue temps there is no good way. Only thing I could think of would be to bury a probe in the pipe and hook it up to a fluke.

Basically what I'm saying is don't worry about it, you don't need to know flue temps. Pretty much no one around here (our customers) even checks face temps. Best way to check surface temps would be with an IR temp gun. Otherwise you can use a magnetic temp guage on one of the door frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.