New Quadrafire 7100 Owner... need some help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mummer43

Jan 2, 2017
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hi all, my wife and just moved into a new home we had built and we chose a Quadrafire7100 over a regular open wood fireplace. We liked the idea of having a supplemental heat source for the cold PA winters. I've never had a fireplace of any kind and I need some advice on how best get a fire going in this thing. I'm sorry if these questions seem very basic to you guys, I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

- We don't have the heat zones set up. How should I position all the handles to start a fire?

- Do I need to have the fan control hooked up to use this fireplace? Whoever installed the unit never installed the fan control in the wall. I'm not even sure it's hooked up to electricity. They builder is addressing this.

- How do you guys clean this your fireplaces? We have another wood fireplace outside as well as a big green egg and I'm thinking of getting an ash vacuum to clean all three. Any suggestions? What about cleaning the glass?

- Any other tips you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a photo of our fireplace. They installed the wrong faceplate. We asked for a rolling meadows and this is a Valley Forge. We love how the concrete mantle and hearth turned out.

IMG_3133.JPG

Did it not come with a manual of any type? Might be able to download one from Quadrafire.