New rocket mass heater manufacturer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianK

I've been researching rocket mass heaters and reading threads about them over at Permies.

Apparently there is now a manufacturer of prefab rocket mass heaters, Zaug Stoves. Apparently they do not yet have EPA or UL certification for their stoves but they are in the process of obtaining both.
thumb-0930121010b.jpg

Does anyone here follow rocket mass heater development, and if so, any thoughts on this new entry into the field? I'm not aware of any other rocket mass heater manufacturers so far.

I looked at the website a while ago and I am going back again for a second look. I initially couldn't stand the bland look. Maybe some changes can be made to spruce it up.

Don't ever call my 30-NC ugly again. ;lol

IMG_2872-1024x576.jpg

Hey, it only lacks some bling. :cool:

In general, RMHs are ugly and impractical. There is hardly any consideration for aesthetics and functionality. I'm crossing my fingers that the mindset of those creators/inventors in the RMH world will change, but I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.