New RSF Delta model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I saw this in person this spring, it looks great. I was impressed with how clean the glass stayed compared to the older unit. My rep is telling me that i should have access to the new units some time in august

The Delta 2 model is already a serious heater. I'm assuming that the hybrid is a tube + cat design. Is that correct? If yes, how well have they located and protected the cat? How does it look for servicing the cat? If not, what are they using?

Thanks for your info BeGreen!

It's always great to see new zero-clearance fireplaces introduced to the market. It looks like a real beast. I wonder if at some point RSF intends to add a smaller version...

Matt

The Delta 2 model is already a serious heater. I'm assuming that the hybrid is a tube + cat design. Is that correct? If yes, how well have they located and protected the cat? How does it look for servicing the cat? If not, what are they using?

It isn't a catalytic unit, so it should be really easy to service ;-)

Thanks for clearing that up. The specs are impressive for a 4.4 cu ft non-cat!

Last edited:
Got word from RSF on the fireplace. Brochure attached. It has a somewhat odd configuration. The air supply is controlled by a bi-metallic strip. No user control except by load size.

Attachments

• RSF_Delta_Fusion_Handout.pdf
    438.3 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
Sorry i didn't get back on quicker. Yes the unit is tubes only and has no air input control. They have adapted the bi-metallic system to stop over-fire in the old system, and now use it to control all air input. In doing this they fall into a different testing label and if i remember right only have to do the high limit test instead of averaging out the low and high test.
The other beauty of the bi-metallic system is that it keeps the fire at the high end and keeps allot of heat in the sysem, end result is the glass stay cleaner for longer and still if able to pull down some decent burn time numbers.
Of course this is all coming for sales reps and no dealers i know have one in the field yet, so this winter will be interesting to see how it reacts

The Delta 2 really puts out the heat. At HPBA the strong radiant heat was immediately noticeable when compared to the other fireplaces burning.

I installed the Delta Fusion fireplace last fall and used it 24/7 all winter and the heat is unreal. My house is 1500 sg ft with a 4 ft crawl space and I have a fan taking the heat from the fireplace and heating the crawl space also.The problem I have is the glass gets black really fast. I live in Newfoundland Canada and we don’t have a lot of hardwood so I use well seasoned fir. It also goes through wood faster when it is really windy outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: begreen