New saw and new to me splitter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HJsimpson

Burning Hunk
Apr 17, 2011
NE Indiana
Hello eveyone.
My 015 is starting to get tierd and parts are getting harder to find so i decided to get me a new ms170 for all of the small stuff. Dealer calls and i go pu last Friday. Then my uncle asked me if i was interested in a log splitter. I said yes and a couple of hours later i have a new saw and a new to me splitter. I got it for $225.00. Need to get a vent for hydro tank but the 11hp wisconsin runs great. 2012-04-10_18-09-34_690.jpg2012-04-10_18-10-07_147.jpg2012-04-10_18-10-31_329.jpg2012-04-10_18-11-18_768.jpg

great deal! You can't go wrong with that deal! Do my eyes deceive me or is that a jib hoist on that splitter to lift your rounds for ya?? That's something I ain't never seen before! BTW don't throw that 015 out, if you want to sell it i'll buy it off of ya.

Looks like you made a great deal, the splitter looks like it will or has split some grizzly rounds.

zap

Nice!

Christmas in April!!
I'd like to see that splitter in action.

Yes Scotty it is a repurposed cherry picker that was added on with a dual action cylinder for those extra large rounds. Not as fast as pulling a lever but about 10 or 11 pumps its high enough to swing around and start spitting. It is somewhat of a gas hog but i have found out at about half throttle it splits everything i have so far and doesnt drink the fuel as bad.
If i can figure out how to post video i would show you all how well it works.

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.