New saw needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the saw for a ride today
24" pine, beetle killed, bucked to 16" without killing myself

It's a gas hog - will need to bring it in for a tune up. Otherwise, pretty impressed with the saw.
Awesome, good find for you

545 is a Great saw! The dealer recommended it over 455-460 rancher. Much lighter and very powerful just not as beefy. 545 is sort of a mongrel since it's a bit Xp and a bit landowner. The casing is metal and not plastic. I Bought a new one this past Wednesday. Just be careful when you take the side cover off ,that the chain brake is disengaged Per the instructions. I took mine off to clean and flip the bar but left the break on.. Let's just say you have 2 choices to get it back on. 1) Take it to the dealer per the owners manual
2) look on youtube for the solution.

I opted for option 2, just be careful the spring is thick and under tremendous tension it could stick into the wall if sprung

545 & 555 are the most underrated saws available today.

I have the 'Triple Nickel'. It has features the 562 should have and lacks features the 562 doesn't need. Virtually a 560XP.

Oh av pulled the cover with brake engaged. Managed to trip the brake back but it's not something that will happen again.

Oh and congrats on the new saw and good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.