New saw today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KodiakII

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Finally pulled the pin and dropped the cash! Got a great deal from a local dealer who really appreciated the business! Got the chance to put her to some wood tonight, couldn't believe the difference 15 years in technology makes.

Attachments

• saw1 400a.jpg
    saw1 400a.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 484
Nice saw! I still like the old one more.. !
Personal preference, get her dirty!

The old girl was my first real saw I purchased for my debut as a logger (short lived as it was), and will always have a spot in my garage. Can't believe how easy the new one starts though, and it tears through wood like a house on fire...and it isn't even close to being broken in!

The new one is more aerodynamic therefore must cut faster. Way to go!

Aerodynamic?? Sorry, are you referring to the chain or the saw body?

Saw Body heheheheh

I am slow and did not get the joke!! I got it now!

SWEET!!
20" bar? Is that the one with the retaining bar nuts & visible fuel level features?

Now the old one can be a back up. Gotta run it now & then just because you have it :)
Guy should have 2 saw when going out cutting :)
Congrats!!

Awesome man! The 555 is getting great reviews. Also over on AS, there is a post from a pro cutter who has well over a hundred hours of trouble free use from his 562 (basically the same saw). Enjoy and let us know your thoughts as you get more time behind the trigger.

should have bought a stihl. JK! lol nice saw. i love getting new toys.

bogydave said:
SWEET!!
20" bar? Is that the one with the retaining bar nuts & visible fuel level features?

Now the old one can be a back up. Gotta run it now & then just because you have it :)
Guy should have 2 saw when going out cutting :)
Congrats!!

Yup has the captured bar nuts, fuel sight glass (had to go look at it for that one), anud 20 inch bar.

Gotta get some trigger time on it now, but my back is still giving me hell (for a month now), and I am way behind where I wanted to be in my cutting.

Yes to the others I did actually look at Stihl, but opted to stay with Husky. Anybody know what the 555 is going for State side?

Thats is a hot looking saw how many cc's?

Ja, I wish Stihl did it that way. I get tired of looking up the model numbers when I forget their size.

smokinjay said:
KodiakII said:
smokinjay said:
Thats is a hot looking saw how many cc's?

Comes in at 59.8 cc's.

Not bad!
Ja, more HP than my 65cc had when new. Higher revs too!

What does a saw like that sell for in Eastern Ontario? The local dealer here mentioned $750 for a 365 the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.