NEW SAW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd said:
Bought my chaps today at Lowes. $60 for a pair of Huskvarna. Thanks for the tips guys.
SUPER ! Damb proud of ya. Now get back to your wood cutting ...........ha.

Just remember one big thing about safety gear! Its absolutely no replacement for sense and respect for what you are doing. Get digging in real hard and sllip pushing that chain hard against your leg dead on and all those chaps are going to do is give you a fancy tournequet. They are useless for a direct hit. Friend of mine used to work for FOrrest Service and every fire season the boss would do the same thing. Dig out an old pair of throw away chaps, lay em on a tree and zip right through them with all the crews watching. Just a subtle reminder to not depend on the things to save. Yer noodle is yer best weapon, don't leave it at home. Best of all is the inevitability of stupidity to succeed against all odds. There are people out there that should be handling a chain saw about as much as I deserve to be teaching advanced mathematics.

Status
Not open for further replies.