New serenity castle pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Irotger

Mar 2, 2015
I'm new to pellet stoves. Just installed a new serenity pellet stove but flame is very tall and hot but after stove is on for a while the warning light comes on telling me high temperature. How can I fix this problem. Thank you in advance for the help

since your stove is new I would give Ardisam a call ( 800-345-6007 ) their customer support is excellent

I had the same problem initially with my Serenity ....

Two things to check ... First ensure that you have no vent leaks at the joints .....

Second ..... At least in my case the default exhaust blower settings were inadequate. After a lot of experimenting I run the following

Stall 1 -- 90
Stall 2 -- 95
Stall 3 -- 100
Stall 4 -- 100
Stall 5 -- 105

I have not had a high limit alarm since although I have operated above above heat setting 3 only once all winter and that was to overcome poor quality pellets.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Thank you both for the help. I called customer service today. They advised me to adjust the airflow gate and also the blower and exhaust voltage. So far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question. Is it possible to run the stove with the air damper almost completely closed. I did it today for a few hours and it went well. Glass kept clean and less sparks form fire pot. Just want to make sure I will not damage anything this way.

absolutely, mine is 3/4 of the way closed and I haven't adjusted it all winter, Like chickenman says the further you can run that damper closed but yet keep a nice bright yellow crisp flame the less heat your gonna let out your exhaust

Mine is about 1/3 open --

rich2500 what are your exhaust stalls set at.

Mine are all still factory set at the lowest stall.my stove never comes off heat level 1(it blows us out of the house above 1 ) and I run in manual mode

I'm new to pellet stoves. Just installed a new serenity pellet stove but flame is very tall and hot but after stove is on for a while the warning light comes on telling me high temperature. How can I fix this problem. Thank you in advance for the help
IMG_20150306_134623903.jpg

Irotger,

I have lurked on this forum for a while and figured I could help. I'm an engineer at Ardisam (photo for proof) I actually work in the lawn and garden department so I'm no expert with the stoves, but I showed this thread to our service department guys and here is what they had to say.

"I don’t have time to sign up today, please post this with my name, thanks (Pete Blaser). Blower voltage should be Stall 1=95V, Stall 2=100V, Stall 3=105V, Stall 4=110V, Stall 5=115V

If there is an over temp issue raise each stall 5 volts so both Stall 4 and Stal 5 are at 115V, this resolves most over temp issues"

I hope this is helpful. When Pete signs up I'll point him to this thread too.

That would be great if Pete would join us here. Shows the pride taken in your product.Thanks for posting on his behalf

Sure glad I joined this forum! Very Thankful for all the great info on the Castle Serenity. If all goes well, should be firing up mine (on order) in 11 or 12 days :).

I have lurked on this forum for a while and figured I could help. I'm an engineer at Ardisam (photo for proof) I actually work in the lawn and garden department so I'm no expert with the stoves, but I showed this thread to our service department guys and here is what they had to say.

Thanks for helping out on this nmarach ... always nice to have service techs on the forum. :cool:

Sure glad I joined this forum! Very Thankful for all the great info on the Castle Serenity. If all goes well, should be firing up mine (on order) in 11 or 12 days :).
we like pics here so if you can post some after your install.

Yup spoke with Pete before I even bought my stove and he impressed me enough to make the purchase.lf we would have Pete checking in here I have a feeling we would see several more Serenity owners.

we like pics here so if you can post some after your install.
Will do! Will be starting a thread to some what document the install journey. Not that it will be what anyone is supposed to do but rather that it will be of some help to others in some form or other ;)

Ive talked to Pete several times and he is very helpful. I imagine he probably spends a lot of time fielding calls. Probably not much time for a forum.

I also had the pleasure of speaking to Pete. Very helpful and has a lot of knowledge on the serenity stove. Hope he has time to join the forum.

when using temp mode I set the temp at 75 degrees. I notice that the temp on the left side of screen rises to 80 or more. I do notice that the stove lowers itself to the lowest setting as it should. Is this normal.
Thank you all

with the temp probe being mounted right on the back of the stove I notice about a 6 deg. temp. difference, so I would either compensate for the temp. difference with the set temp. or extend the probe away from the back of the stove.

First of all thank you all once more for the help. Another question. How high or low should the flame be on the stove?

You could test it and see if its burning more then it should. Empty the pellet hopper, put exactly 40 lbs in it, note the time you start your burn. Run it on high and note the time it empties the hopper. Divide. That will tell you how many lbs per hour it is actually burning. You can verify if its more then its supposed to be with the manual. It's going to get hot in there though...lol. It was like 95 in my sisters house when I tested hers.

On low my flame is about 4" above the top of the burnpot.