new splitter on the way !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulie

Nov 27, 2007
SW Mich.
read lots of good things about the DR....so I order one tonight. $499.00, 5 ton, delivered ! something is getting split !! this old man is done swinging the maul...

is that electric? how do the electric compare to the gas... if/when i get a splitter i'll be splitting anything in arms reach too...lol

yes, it is electric. Has great reviews, and DR has a good name behind them. I have a buddy who has the chipper, and a brush hog, and they are both quility pieces. they take up a lot less room in storage, you don't have to mess with gas, oil etc, and I beleive it will do anything the average wood burner needs to do.....and for a lot less money ! should have it Friday or Sat, will get back with report

cool , definatley let us know how it works... i may have a line on a very slightly used gas one but if that falls through i'm really considering an electric one.. originally didn't want on because my uncut wood is 500 feet away and i didn't wantr to run a cord that far but then i figured i can cut my logs to size then bring them to the house to split.. probably be easier that way anyway.

500 feet is a long way to run a cord. The instuctions to my task force electric splitter tell you not to use longer than a 25 ft. cord.

pistonslap said:
500 feet is a long way to run a cord. The instuctions to my task force electric splitter tell you not to use longer than a 25 ft. cord.

i know thats why i didn't want an electric originally... but if i cut the logs to length then bring them to the house i could probably get away with a 25 - 50 foot cord and be good.. i figure its probably faster to bring the logs unsplit to the front of the yard which is where my wood is stacked. then split it and stack it right there... instead of splitting it 500 feet away and loading it all in the truck and driving it up.. know what i mean?

25 ft.....that doesn't get out of the garage! I figure on a good 75ft should work well, and get me/you to a reasonable area. but at any rate I will let you know how she works !!

Status
Not open for further replies.