1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New stacking yard

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Stephen in SoKY, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen in SoKY

Stephen in SoKY Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern Kentucky
    I'm getting well into the 2010-11 wood supply and decided I needed a new stacking yard. I've got these posts spaced so that I can build a shed over them with no problems if I decide to. However, knowing myself I'll probably end up just covering the stacks with corrugated metal roofing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Duetech

Duetech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S/W MI
    I can see why you would hesitate to build a structure on poles set like that. Bring that post setter my way and we'll see if we can get the vertical alignment adjusted so that it is perfect. You'll earn a P.H.D (post hole digger) for your effort. Otherwise, yeah I'd settle for the corrugated too. (Seems to work great..envyenvy)
  3. maplewood

maplewood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NB Canada
    Great to hear you're cutting wood for over a year away.
    Lots of tall grass there - what will you do to keep it away from the wood?
    For a roof, are you going to connect the posts to the fence? Or are the posts for the ends of the ranks?
    'Tis the season to season.
    Happy burning.
  4. Stephen in SoKY

Stephen in SoKY Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern Kentucky
    If I roof it, all building will be done on an entirely diferent structure. Those were just some posts I had kicking around so I opted to use them rather than buy new T posts. I have the metal & 2X6 lumber already on hand. I'd just buy 4X4 PT to set in the ground and build from. I did space things so my stacks will easily fit under the size structure I plan to build with the already on hand materials.

ETA: That cursed johnsongrass is now cut raked & rolled. I'll hit the area with roundup and/or Pramitol in the spring & it's quite unusual for there to be any significant grass down there in a normal hay season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.