new stainless cat for fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjkjoseph

Mar 31, 2008
long island
the highest temp i get is around 550...but it stays there for a long time...with the ceramic it would shoot up to 650,but then would drop down kind of fast....you can definitely feel a big difference..the ceramic throws off more heat..unless i have a bad one..woodstock says i should be getting higher temps...and it does not appear to be bypassing the combustor..anybody have the new stainless and still getting the same high temps as before.

I only burned my steel cat in my Fireview for about 2 weeks before switching it out for the Keystone but I had no problem getting up over 600. Maybe you need to run a brush down your chimney? I also can't tell any difference in operating temps between my 2 Keystones which have one of each. I did notice the steel cat will lite off a bit quicker.

My Fireview runs hotter longer with the steel cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.