New Stihl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhill1

Sep 2, 2009
Southern Ohio
Ordered a Stihl 361 Monday,and when I went to pick it up today they had a 362 waiting for me. Dealer said he couldn't get the 361 anymore so he gave me the 362 at the same price. Anyone have any experience with the 362?

Never heard of it. Is it a new model? How does it comapre to the 361? I just bought a 361 a couple of months ago. I like it better than the 310 I was using.

362 is the replacement for the 361. 362 is the first of a new generation of Stihl saws. More fuel efficient with lower emissions, the wave of things to come.

362 is a great saw 361 out of production now.

You just made Bigg Redd a very happy man.

wendell said:
You just made Bigg Redd a very happy man.

A little piece of me dies every time a perfect product (like the 361) is "improved" such that that "improvement" is not focused on power/reliability/durability/functionality. Emissions? From chainsaws? Really?

OK, so you didn't make him a real happy man but at least you didn't buy one of those POS Dolmers (which, of course, are Dolmars to the rest of us).

wendell said:
OK, so you didn't make him a real happy man but at least you didn't buy one of those POS Dolmers (which, of course, are Dolmars to the rest of us).

Actually, if he had bought a Dolmer it would have given me the chance to type "Dolmer" a bunch of times plus I'd have got to laugh at and point at another bandwagon jumper. Dolmer.

I would tend to search far and wide for a 361. This is not a cheap saw and you don't want to be Stihl's guinea pig. I would love a 361.

What did they do to the 361 to make it a green 362? I bet the oilers suck now.

Bigg_Redd said:
Actually, if he had bought a Dolmer it would have given me the chance to type "Dolmer" a bunch of times plus I'd have got to laugh at and point at another bandwagon jumper. Dolmer.

Ballcock

Highbeam said:
I would tend to search far and wide for a 361. This is not a cheap saw and you don't want to be Stihl's guinea pig. I would love a 361.

And who knows what else

I bet the muffler will be so tight the saw won't be able to breath & will lack power.

Bigg_Redd said:
Highbeam said:

And who knows what else

very good reviews on the 362 more power than the 361 is one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.