new stove acting up help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2014
PELLSTON MICHIGAN
I'm having a problem with my brand new Ashley 5660 burning out. Installed it ran fine for a few days now it keeps burning out. And when it is running has a crappy flame and puts out not much heat at all. Only thing i did from when it was running fine tell it started acting up is vacuum out the ash. help!

Sounds like something isn't closed all the way and tripping the vacuum switch.

ajusted latches on door. They are so tight that if i do any more feel like i will bend the latches trying to get them closed. And the bottem ash pan is all closed up snug. And i have not even opend it yet.

I'm having a problem with my brand new Ashley 5660 burning out. Installed it ran fine for a few days now it keeps burning out. And when it is running has a crappy flame and puts out not much heat at all. Only thing i did from when it was running fine tell it started acting up is vacuum out the ash. help!

There`s an air intake pipe inside stove,try adjusting butterfly on it,they come from factory fully open.

I was looking at them the other day. maybe I should cross them off my list? I also could not find the manufactures website for the specs on them? They did look really nice in the store.

Did you take the burn pot out? First time I cleaned my Ashley 5660 it started running crappy.
I noticed the rope gasket on the burn pot was hanging down and wasn't sealing correctly.Had to reseal it.

Think i got it figured out. I did not have exhauste pipe from pellet stove sealed up good. So was sucking air in and messing up the exhauste flow. We will see if its still running when i get home from work. Hope thats all the problem was.

Didn't think tractor supply would do anything for me. Just figured they would just tell me to contact manufacturer. And i have not really done any bush remedies as you call them. I only thing i have done is sealed up exhauste better with high temp silicone like your supposed to any way when you install it.

So far i think it has just been my rookie installation mistakes that has been the problem. I feel like no one now days will do anything for you if they are not the ones who installed it. They always make you call the manufacturers.

well it burned for about four hours and then shut down and displayed a E3 error. Any one know why that could be?

What does the owners manual say for the E3 code? My US Stove 5660 manual is different than the Ashley one. Is it proof of fire?

Thats another thing i need to ask manufacturer about. My manual that came with it is for last year's model (i know because my boss has it) and this years model has a new digital thermostat and read out. So it dose not tell me what a E3 error is.

Thats another thing i need to ask manufacturer about. My manual that came with it is for last year's model (i know because my boss has it) and this years model has a new digital thermostat and read out. So it dose not tell me what a E3 error is.

I have the same exact stove.Hope the pdf opens for the error codes.

Attachments

• Page 3.pdf
    329.4 KB · Views: 581
Status
Not open for further replies.