new stove acting up help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss has one from last year. With out the thermostat. And he has it vented right threw the wall. With a turn down. And that's how i have mine but his runs good and mine isn't. Starting to think maybe i need to add some more to my vent. Get it up in the air more.

My boss has one from last year. With out the thermostat. And he has it vented right threw the wall. With a turn down. And that's how i have mine but his runs good and mine isn't. Starting to think maybe i need to add some more to my vent. Get it up in the air more.
I do know the vent needs some vertical rise

Yeah it needs 3-4 feet of vertical

Yes thinking for sure thats my problem! Because we got a bunch of snow and it would not burn for crap. But went out and shoveled snow away from around the vent and started burning better so gotta go get some more pipe i guess. And when it was burning good we had no snow. So thinking the more snow we got the less flow it got so burned worse and worse.

Added more pipe so my exhauste is around 4' and think it made it worse! This thing is really making me mad! It will burn good for like a week then for no reason start burning like crap. It just starts shutting off with a E3 error. And the last couple days only way i can get it to burn at all is have it cranked up on #4 and still shuts down and only has a very small flame for such a high heat setting.

6b74d2076b98b15096991928b4dda45b.jpg

mine is vented just like this. Are you guys sealing the joints on your twist lock pipe?

You did just get this new from the store right? I would take it back and get a new one.

The gasket is sealed up and not loose or anything. And guess i could try a different bag of pellets. But my three freinds with pellet stoves are running these pellets and love them. Say they are the best ones they have burned. And my one friend has last years model of this stove and burning these and has not a problem one.

If it was fine for a month and then starts acting up, There must be something wrong with it. If it where me I would take it back to tsc and get a new one. I be leave once a lemon always a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.