New Stove and Pellet Chute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyburnr

Sep 6, 2008
Kentucky
New Harman XXV installed yesterday and Somersets "Nature's Fuel" pellets.

window + metal roofing + pool table = Pellet Chute

Attachments

• DSCF2302.JPG
    DSCF2302.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 695
  • DSCF2305.JPG
    DSCF2305.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 675
  • DSCF2304.JPG
    DSCF2304.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 647
nice stove and chute. I did something simlar to get my pellets down the stairs in the back of my house. I set up a folding table with one leg out and the other closed. I set it up over the 6 steps leading to my basement then I wheel barreled 8 bags at a time and slid them down the table to the basement where my friend was waiting with another wheel barrel. Let me tell you that saved a ton of time. How long did it take to load your basement? It took 2 hours for myself and 2 more people to load 4 ton into my basement. Again nice stove and chute! :)

Good idea! I like the idea of using the window & the metal roofing, but I guess I'm missing the pool table part.....don't see that or what it does. Do the bags land on it?

And I really like how you matched the brick pattern in the stove to the pattern of the slate hearth exactly...it's almost like your looking at a reflection........JUST KIDDING! :lol:

The pool table is at the bottom of the metal. The roofing is just a little over 9' and the basement has 9' ceilings so it worked out pretty good, and just enough roofing left to go a foot or so outside, and not be too steep. Only took about 20 minutes or less to get 1 ton in. The "matching glass" ;-) makes it pretty tough to photograph. I guess this stove is hard to take a picture of unless its burning, and since it was almost 90 deg. yesterday the test burn was quick :coolcheese: .

Looks good! I have a customer that does a similar chute but uses plywood and cardboard. I never thought about metal roofing. Good job! It wasn't too long ago the I deliverd everything by hand. I used to back the trailer up to the customer's garage and hand unload up to 6 ton at a time. I could be in and out in less than an hour. Not anymore I found an easier way.

slink said:
I used to back the trailer up to the customer's garage and hand unload up to 6 ton at a time. I could be in and out in less than an hour.

You hand unloaded and restacked 6 tons in an hour by yourself? Let's see, 6 tons x 50 bags=300 bags/60 min=5 bags a minute or a bag every 12 seconds without stopping.....wow. I guess you're in much better shape than I am! LOL

slink said:
The record was 18 ton in a day, theres 22 on a semi load.

Only 18??? Heck, that's only 3 hours work.....what did you do for the other 5 hours in the work day??? A big lunch break??

I hope you know I'm just busting your chops.....I think 6 tons in an hour is amazing! If I even TRIED to do that I'd be making daily appointments for the chiropractor for the next year.....LOL.

Got to drive the truck silly. i still have a few customers that need the personal touch to get the pellets inside. Mostly older or disabled people. I have one customer that takes ten ton a year for a furnace and we put into a basement and stack up. I take two bags at a time to save trips but it still is just old fashioned work.

slink said:
i still have a few customers that need the personal touch to get the pellets inside. Mostly older or disabled people..
Your a good man to look out for the old and disabled folks . Hat's off to you

Found an even better way to move my three tons from palletts to shed. I hired one of my ball players to move them for me! I coach a high school basketball team and for $50.00 bucks I gave one of the kids some work and I just sat and watched. God bless the young.....

kyburnr said:
New Harman XXV installed yesterday and Somersets "Nature's Fuel" pellets.

window + metal roofing + pool table = Pellet Chute

That's a nice setup! I store my pellets in my basement also and have a similar sized window, I use a pair of 2 x 6's side by side, and a bench at the bottom, to keep the boards from sliding. The bags slide down the boards pretty well, sure beats carrying them down stairs!

Thats an awesome idea. Not for the pool table idea though lol. I am very protective of my pool table...lol. Although my slate table is on the second floor of my house anyway....but again....good idea with the metal roofing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.