New stove installed! yesterday!--- Hearthstone Craftsbury

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaisersling

Dec 21, 2012
Just finished up the install yesterday, inspection passed today. This stove is the perfect fit for our small space. We previously bought a steel stove(Napolean Timberwolf 2100) but it was far to large for the space and the clearance were to big as well (and I thought it was ugly). So up on craigslist it went and someone got a great deal on a brand new stove. I nearly bought the Morso "Squirrel Stove" but the 12" log size was a deal breaker. Our house is a single story house of about 900 sq. feet. The Craftsbury should handle this easily. Apparently, this particular model is notoriously difficult to start. I will find out soon enough. Initial break-in burn is tonight. Its a really nice looking stove, though the ash pan and door handle are not all that well designed IMO.

Attachments

• stove1.jpg
    stove1.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: raybonz
Congrats on the new stove and welcome to the forum! I agree great looking stove!

Ray

I think the Craftsbury is a great looking stove...enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.