New Stove & my little helper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, another newbie here.
Seems to be a great bunch of people here that are willing to provide help whenever needed.
I have used about a ton of pellets so far, and keeping the house confortable on both levels.
Hopefully pictures of the stove and my little helper show up, "Macman" says that he likes pictures.
My little helper is 9 years old, but thinks that he is 29.
Wishing everyone here a Happy New Year.

Attachments

• Yankee 4.jpg
    Yankee 4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 462
  • My Lil Man.jpg
    My Lil Man.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 432
Nice lookin stove, Great lookin kid and is that a dressed up Farmall?

Happy New Year COC,

yes I DO love to see pics of installs, along with many others on this site. Stove & install looks great! And looks like you have a good helper too!

Enjoy the heat, enjoy no more bugs-splinters-splitting, etc, and let me know if you have any questions about that stove. I had the sister stove to it, the Astoria.....great stove, great heat, reliable & easy to work on.

MM

Welcome COC,

Glad you joined the forums and Happy New Year to you and the family. Love the stove picture and the helper looks like he's having fun with your toys too!

I think you qualify to join our pellet pig club. 5.5 tons is more than enough. What brand are you burning?

Stay warm.
jay

Leadfoot said:
Nice lookin stove, Great lookin kid and is that a dressed up Farmall?

Thank You.
The Tractor is a 1954 Farmall Super MTA

[quote author="jtakeman" date="1262379806"]Welcome COC,

Glad you joined the forums and Happy New Year to you and the family. Love the stove picture and the helper looks like he's having fun with your toys too!

I think you qualify to join our pellet pig club. 5.5 tons is more than enough. What brand are you burning?

Stay warm.
jay

Thank You.
I am burning Energex Hardwood Pellets, they burn very well in my stove.

Attachments

• 1954 Farmall Super MTA.jpg
    1954 Farmall Super MTA.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Pellets 1.jpg
    Pellets 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 316
Welcome Cozy Old Coot,

Nice stove and nice tractor. ( I am sure that the "Little Helper" is nice also. )

We also had a Vermont Castings Vigilant wood stove which was installed in front of a fireplace. Liked the stove, but the flue was too large for the stove and the stove gave off way too much heat for the room, burning low and a too large flue created cresote problems.

Went to a wood boiler which we still use ( Connected in paralled with an oil boiler).

Tore the extended hearth out and opened up the fireplace.

Last fall, I re-extended the hearth, has a ss flue liner installed, and bought the pellet stove.

Hope you get as much enjoyment from your stove as we have from ours.

Regards,

Old Ranger

Nice looking stove, congrats!

The kid is dressed for summer? Is the pic from
the summer or is it that warm in Maryland?

Status
Not open for further replies.