New stove needed, which one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saggys

Feb 18, 2012
WI, USA
My new Excel chimney is in and I could not position it so as to make my Jotul work, not enough clearance. I have about 8" of rear wall clearance without using any offsets, which I do not want to use.

We are looking at some new stove options for our 6" chimney: Pacific Energy True North, Blaze King Chinook? I have local dealers that carry Blaze King, Pacific Energy, Jotul, Morso.

The stove will go in our 576 sq ft 3 room one level cabin with 2 x 4 construction freshly insulated on a floating concrete slab. Will heat with it on weekends and vacations.

True North seems like a good fit. The price is right, and should have plenty of oomph for a quick warmup of a cold cabin.

Reactions: dafattkidd
Yeah, I like the idea of the True North.

That is the model the dealer is pushing, it is also the cheapest.

I would say that one of the new, small Blaze Kings would probably work very well also, but it's hard to justify that kinda coin for occasional use. Maybe if the east side price comes down as rumored, but that True North is around, $900?

They want right around $1,000 for the TN. I think but am not sure the BK Chinook is around $1,700.

They want right around $1,000 for the TN. I think but am not sure the BK Chinook is around $1,700.

That's a damn good price for the Chinook if it is the 2.8 cu ft model. Either way, you can not go wrong. Which ever meets your budget and that you like the look of the most will heat your cabin well.

Status
Not open for further replies.