new stove, new dog...LOL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

OK, OK....I'm getting ribbed for not posting pics of new addition to the household (no, not the stove...LOL).

The kids have been bugging me for awhile about getting a dog, and I had a moment of weakness last week and said OK.

After some searching local animal shelters and rescue groups, we decided on "Socks", a 2yr. old female Border collie/dalmation(?) mix. She was the size I wanted, the color the kids wanted, and is short hair. Friendly, doesn't bark (so far), and won't bite even if you try to make her.

So, here she is:

Attachments

• Sox-standing.jpg
    Sox-standing.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 596
  • sox 2.jpg
    sox 2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 609
Awh" She's a beauty isn't she. And a rescue ta boot!

macman your all heart, I know why I like ya so much now. Taking a dog that had a grim future and giving her a great new chance and a loving home! We rescue all our pets. And have some wonderful tales from there gratefulness. We have had abby for 3 years now. Got her for my son.(Border Collie-Finish Spitz mix)

Ya teaching her how to sniff out those pellet deals yet?

All kidding aside, You picked a nice one, She is a sweet looking dog. Bet she likes the heat from that new stove you have too!

jay

Attachments

• abby1.jpg
    abby1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 573
  • abby3.jpg
    abby3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 559
Macman, glad you adopted from a shelter, all my pets came from shelters, they are the best and as I sit here and type Max the Lab, and izzy the cat are right next to me, never leaving my side, always happy to see me. good luck!

Macman, congrats on the dog. Shelter has been the way to go here too.

Hmmmmm..... funny, though. The dog looks friendly, uncomplaining, cheerful, ........... Then there's Macman. Do opposites attract?
:)

What a cutie......
Now go out and get her a frisbee or a tennis ball
She looks to be all Border to me though
Here are my 2 borders one longhair and one short.
Fetch is the game of choice

Attachments

• lexy.jpg
    lexy.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 397
  • sam.jpg
    sam.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 406
Hey macman, nice going with a shelter!!! From experience, they tend to make better pets, almost like they know that they were spared.

Hey macman, what a great looking dog. And nice going with a shelter!!!

From experience, they tend to make better pets and friends, almost like they know that they were spared.

Thanks for the nice words everyone. :)

Yes, she seems to be a sweetie, although I think she was abused in her previous "situation" (doesn't like to be touched on hindquarters yet), she is starting to come around with a lot of attention and praise.

Also is afraid to walk across hardwood floors....wants to stay on the carpet most of the time....not sure what's up w/ that yet.

She just started a little bark tonight when I came home, so the makings of a watchdog may still be there, but she doesn't jump up, or go on furniture. And yes, we already got her a frisbee, tennis ball, and a rope pull toy.

All in all, a nice addition to the family, and my daughters absolutely adore her.

I'll post some more pics when I get good ones.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone...you're the best!!

(Stentor, opposites do attract, but in this case, the dog knew a quality owner when she saw one :lol: )

Hey Macman..... go get her a big pillow in front of the pellet stove.... she'll know she's home when she curls up in front of it like these two.... :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 351
Some of the best dogs are rescues (IMO).... once you gain their trust and friendship they will be loyal companions.

2 of our cats are rescues and 1 of our dogs. Both dogs are Siberians; both are great dogs and both have really developed a kinship for each other.

Our female husky was a rescue.... the Humane Society had found her a home but had some contentions about the adoptee... needless to say once we brought our male husky to meet and play with her they decided we could provie a better home. Sometimes people just have no idea what they are getting into and that is why good dogs end up at the Humane Society....

What would life be without pets anyways? Dull?

CanadaClinker said:
Hey Macman..... go get her a big pillow in front of the pellet stove.... she'll know she's home when she curls up in front of it like these two.... :lol:

Those 2 do look extremely happy by the fire! Sweet picture=Priceless!

CanadaClinker said:

Clinker, that is already on the list. TSC has a nice one w/ cedar chips inside. I'll be picking that up tomorrow, I hope.
Your dogs know where the best seat in the house is, for sure!

Now, about that beautiful pellet chest in your pic.....can I place an order for mine now?? ;-)

What a cute pooch.
Congrats on your new addition-she looks settled in already

macman said:
OK, OK....I'm getting ribbed for not posting pics of new addition to the household (no, not the stove...LOL).

The kids have been bugging me for awhile about getting a dog, and I had a moment of weakness last week and said OK.

After some searching local animal shelters and rescue groups, we decided on "Socks", a 2yr. old female Border collie/dalmation(?) mix. She was the size I wanted, the color the kids wanted, and is short hair. Friendly, doesn't bark (so far), and won't bite even if you try to make her.

So, here she is:

AWWWWW!!!

tinkabranc said:
What a cute pooch.
Congrats on your new addition-she looks settled in already
:) Thanks Tink & gottahavvitt.

Yep, she's a cutie, and seems to be getting "settled in" nicely so far. She sleeps w/ my older daughter, but comes charging into my bedroom in the morning and gets me up, like she hasn't seen me for a year.... :lol:

Attachments

• Sox-Kitchen.jpg
    Sox-Kitchen.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 209
Good looking dog man!
I also got my two sheperds from a rescue...both were pups so hopefully i could train them and they wouldn't have any bad habits.
This is one of them and i don't think i have a pic of the other but i'll look.
This is Rocky right after we got him, he turned out to be not full blood German sheperd and looks to have some austrailian sheperd in him....looked like a little bear cub when he was young!

EDIT, this is my femal shepeerd on the right...the sable color...her name is Sable.

Attachments

• rocky.jpg
    rocky.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 192
  • rocky2.jpg
    rocky2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 198
  • sable.jpg
    sable.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.