New stove opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb51b

Feeling the Heat
Dec 24, 2007
Birmingham AL
I am considering replacing my Buck 21 for a larger stove... I really like the lopi republic 1750 or the lopi endeavor but the door opens backwards from what I need. What do you guys suggest as an alternative?? I would consider a CAT stove after watching my grandfathers earth stove in operation.. Has to have a 6" flue, and would prefer 2.5 CF or larger firebox, also needs to have the ability to run a blower for optimum heating.. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Jason

jtb51b said:
I would consider a CAT stove after watching my grandfathers earth stove in operation.. Has to have a 6" flue, and would prefer 2.5 CF or larger firebox, also needs to have the ability to run a blower for optimum heating.

That sounds like a BK Princess.

Maybe a Buck 74/81/85 or in cat, the 80? Or a Quadrafire 4300?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll do some research on them tonight.. I do like the buck brand stoves, and the 80 looks great but they show it to have an 8" flue.. There is a large hearth dealer about 100 miles away that stocks and shows several brands and probably 60 stoves on the floor. I should go have a look in person, probably easier.

Keep the suggestions coming,

Jason

Bigg_Redd said:
PE Summit

Unfortunately, the PE Summit opens from left to right, which is the same way the aforementioned Lopi stoves do. I have the Summit, and it's been working out great! Big box for less money that looks good, works well, and heats like the sun. How can you go wrong?

Called a blaze king dealer today, they recommended a buck 74 instead. Seems that they believe a BK is a bit much for my climate and heating needs.. I'm not sure, I'm going to do a LOT more research before I jump in.. I was given a price of around 2700 for the princess ultra, is that a fair price? Seems high for a steel stove, can't I get a soapstone stove for that kind of money?

Jason

Sounds like you called a Buck dealer.

Sound right, I called 4 different BK listed dealers and this was the ONLY one that answered the phone (at 9am Central time).. They sold buck and bk, not sure what else. Maybe I should try again? There are NO BK dealers in alabama (that I can find) so I'll have to have it shipped in either way. Does anyone know of a competent BK dealer that could talk me out of my money?

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.